All students will receive a high quality education providing them the knowledge and skills to be successful, contributing members of a global society.
The mission of the Liberty County School System is to provide all
students an education which promotes excellence, good citizenship, and a love of learning.
1. We believe that every student should be provided the opportunity to receive an education that meets individual needs while exercising the right and responsibility to learn in a safe environment.
2. We believe that all employees should model the system’s organizational beliefs and hold high expectations for student success.
3. We believe that education includes the development of citizenship, personal responsibility, and respect for self and others.
4. We believe that all individuals should be treated with respect and a sense of fairness.
5. We believe that all staff should participate in results-driven professional learning which is aligned with the system’s and schools’ goals for improvement.
6. We believe that technology will improve student achievement and increase the school system’s productivity and efficiency.
7. In order to serve a mobile population, we believe that schools must be sensitive to the needs of the community and to the changing needs of the learners as they develop educational priorities for student achievement.
8. Because education is a joint effort and responsibility among the school, the home, and the community, we support and encourage parent and community participation in the school system.
9. We believe that local control and individual school flexibility are essential in implementing strategies to meet goals for school improvement, increase student achievement, and follow state and federal requirements.
Approved by the Liberty County BOE on June 8, 2010